At 04:00 PM 8/17/2007, Mark Messier wrote:
I've got a freebsd 6.2 system, dual 2Ghz 5130 cpu, 4g ram, with raid5
Adaptec 2120s, running not much more than /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw
and I'm having performance problems with only 20 IMAP users.

As previously suggested, Raid 5's performance sucks for almost every application. What mailfile format are you using - mbox / mdir? And while it might be a major change, consider dumping UW and using Dovecot http://dovecot.org/ UW's performance, scalability, and security have been less than great for many years.

  -RW