Dan Nelson wrote:
In the last episode (Aug 19), Erik Norgaard said:
No so fast now, after reading this I thought I'd give it a try,
updated the source, buildworld then buildkernel. at installkernel i
got a lot of error lines like this

kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked
kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked
kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked
kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked

no idea which file it was. And booting I booted straight into gdb.

(ddb I assume, not gdb?)

Those are warnings, not errors, due to the installkernel running a 6.x
kldxref on a 7.x kernel.  Your boot problem is unrelated, and could be
due to missing drivers for whatever your boot device is.

OK thanks, I have previously tried booting a (older) 7-CURRENT kernel without problems, and never seen the above error, so my first conclusion was that the two were linked.

Cheers, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org