From: "Bahman M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: SATA to PCI cards
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:39:01 +0330

Hi all,

I'm running FreeBSD 6.2.
$ uname -a
FreeBSD attila 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Jan 12 10:40:27
UTC 2007     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
 i386

My motherboard which is an ASUS A7V8X-X doesn't support SATA. I
searched the internet and found out that there are SATA to PCI cards
for my situation. Is anyone using such cards? Will they cause any
problem with FreeBSD 6.2?

By the way, I'd appreciate any suggestions for a good SATA to PCI card to buy.

Thanks in advance,
Bahman

Yes, I've had good luck with the Promise brand PCI-SATA cards on 6.x. We are using this method to evolve older machines to SATA.

HTH....

Jack