On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

Hello,

I am encountering a bug with named-9.4.1-P1 that I am attempting to work with ISC on, that I have built from ports (dns/bind94).

That's great, every little bit helps. :) You might also be interested to know that they have a new beta out for 9.4.2. ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.4.2b1/bind-9.4.2b1.tar.gz You should probably download that and take a look at the changelog to see if your issues are covered.

However, I need a non-stripped version of the binary to get a backtrace. I can't "roll my own" binary because it may be related to some way that the port is built so I need to maintain a similar build environment.

I purposely do not do anything exotic with the port, so I doubt that's related. However, you can easily replicate the port's build environment by doing 'make config ; make -V CONFIGURE_ARGS' then running configure with that output and building it yourself.

Of course, the advice you got on WITH_DEBUG is also good if you want to use the port anyway.

hth,

Doug