At 01:48 PM 8/23/2007, Narek Gharibyan wrote:
#!/bin/sh

Ping -Dc 3600 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx | tail -4 >>/root/stat && date >> /root/stat
&& echo "===========================" >> /root/stat

I wrote this script for collecting ping statistic (after I email to a group
the stat file).

1. how can I run this at startup

2. how can I restart this script after 3600 counts down

3. Is there a program, script or any way more appropriate to track the
packet loss and ping availability.?

Thank you in advance

Add your script to root's crontab. do a man on crontab for the exact syntax, but you can have it run @reboot then an interval.

        -Derek