On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:29:59 +0200
Roger Olofsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Turns out ImageMagick was called through php to resize the .JPG and most
> likely, the server runs out of memory/disk space. /var/tmp fills up and
> console spews as follows:
>
> Aug 22 19:29:49 rutilus kernel: vnode_pager_putpages: I/O error 28
> Aug 22 19:29:49 rutilus kernel: vnode_pager_putpages: residual I/O 32768
> at 62620
> Aug 22 19:29:49 rutilus kernel: pid 29 (syncer), uid 0 inumber 49382 on
> /var: filesystem full

:) having been bitten by that in several unix-like OS (pick any Linux distro,
and freebsd too), i just remove /var/tmp and make a smylink to /tmp , which is
big enough for my foreseeable needs. I like to keep my /var clean of tmp
rubbish.

and yes,  configuring PHP and it's libraries helps too :)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
  Albert Einstein

Warned.