> On 24/08/07 Modulok said:
>
> > Is this a system that is left running 24/7 connected to the Internet,
> > or a system which is frequently turned off? If the latter, you might
>
> It's the former. I'll try the suggested ntp sync option anyway. I'm adding
> more sources too, in case the one that I'm syncing too isn't good enough.
>
> Ah, in fact I think that it is not. Perhaps the NRC isn't permitting public
> access to their time servers anymore.

If this turns out to be your problem, I recommend using pool.ntp.org.
Read up a bit, it should be much more reliable on a consistent basis.
Also, OpenNTP has support built in to automatically talk to all of
ntp.org's servers without any funky configuration:
http://www.pool.ntp.org/use.html

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com