On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 05:56:59 +0000
Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > :) having been bitten by that in several unix-like OS (pick any Linux
> > distro, and freebsd too), i just remove /var/tmp and make a smylink to /tmp
> > , which is big enough for my foreseeable needs. I like to keep my /var
> > clean of tmp rubbish.
> >
> > and yes,  configuring PHP and it's libraries helps too :)
>
> That's not an answer obviously.

of course, but filling up /var with tmp files is to me a senseless way to use
/var. My MMV from what everyone else sees as common sense anyway. :)
FWIW, i don't recall geting panics / crashes due to /var filling up.

Regards,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
   George Santayana

Warned.