Grant Peel wrote:
Hi all,

I have been reading a bit about IPMI.

I am running 6.2 on all my servers.

Does any Dell (PowerEdge) users have the IPMI port installed? Is it safe? Easy
to use? Any problems with installation?

I am mostly interested in viewing sensor info and extracting SELs.

TIA,

Have been using IPMI on PE2850 without problems. Although i have not performed any extensive testing on the functionality, it appears correct and i have had no trouble with it.

I have used /usr/ports/sysutils/ipmitool on 6.1.
/usr/ports/sysutils/ipmi-kmod is either available as ports module or in base system on some versions of FreeBSD.

--
Sten Daniel Soersdal