On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:00:11 +0000 (UTC)
"Scott I. Remick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think I must be the only one using FreeBSD who wants to listen to
> podcasts. :)

Why do you think so? :)

> I'm having trouble finding decent podcast downloading/management
> software to use on my FreeBSD desktop. Although a number of media
> player/ management programs (Exaile, Rhythmbox, Amarok, BMPx) have
> podcast- capabilities, they are limited and seem tacked-on as an
> afterthought. Missing is something along the lines of IcePodder,
> jPodder, Juice Reciever, etc.
>
> Because I want to keep my podcast directory current so it's ready to
> be synced with my media player at pretty much any time, even a
> command-line program (run via cron) would suffice. I fear not editing
> text configuration files. I just need SOMETHING that has the basic
> features I need. Not even castget nor podcatcher have more than
> "download what's new" features.
>
> What I need is to be able to manage my already-downloaded podcasts,
> so that I can choose things like "only keep the last X number of
> podcasts" and "only keep podcasts from the last X days/weeks". Seems
> simple, right?
>
> Does anyone know of any program in the ports that can do this? If
> there's one out there not in ports, is there someone willing to add
> it? Thanks ever so much!

Does any of these programs look good enough?

multimedia/podcatcher
  URLs or filenames. Alternatively, it tries to read one such document
  from the standard input.

  WWW: http://podcatcher.rubyforge.org/

multimedia/castpodder
---------------------
  CastPodder is a podcast receiver. Its goal is to simplify tracking
  and handling of podcast's to your mp3 player.

www/castget
  castget is a simple, command-line based RSS enclosure downloader. It
  is primarily intended for automatic, unattended downloading of podcasts.

  * Simple configuration.
  * Per-channel tagging of downloaded MP3 files using ID3v2.
  * Per-channel download directories.
  * Supports all RSS versions and Media RSS.

  WWW: http://www.nongnu.org/castget/

Nikola Lečić