I've got an IBM Intellistation M Pro (dual 600 Mhz PIII) system that was
runnig 5.4 until I upgraded it to 5.4 via make buildworld and now it
hangs after doing the ata1 probe.  If I boot with -spv the boot process stops
with the following on the console:

ata1: channel #1 on atapci0
atapci0: Reserved 0x8 bytes for rld 0x18 type 4 at 0x170
atapci0: Reserved 0x1 bytes for rld 0x1c type 4 at 0x376

and then it hangs with no further output or prompts.

It will still boot the 5.4 kernel.

This system has an onboard aic7895c SCSI controller and is (attempting)
to boot from it.  The only thing currently on IDE is the CD-ROM which is
currently the secondary master.

It also has a HighPoint RocketRAID 1520 SATA controller with two drives on
it.

I've tried removing the CD-ROM.  I can't find a way to disable IDE
altogether.

What should I try next?
--
Paul Keusemann                                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
4266 Joppa Court                                               (952) 894-7805