On Aug 29, 2007, at 11:02 AM, brad davison wrote:
I have gotten nearly everything configured and running smoothly except for SMTP AUTH.

Before I tried to build in the SASL2 stuff, I had done a full src- all update via cvsup, and at that time, I was able to rebuild sendmail, and rebuild the world.

After installing the cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd port, I am now unable to rebuild sendmail and/or The World.

Whether I am rebuilding sendmail or the World, I get an error on libsmutil.a.
Specifically :

make: don't know how to make /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/../../lib/ libsmutil/libsmutil.a. Stop

after doing a 'find / -name libsmutil.a'
libsmutil.a exists at: /usr/obj/usr/src/lib/libsmutil/libsmutil.a

It's not quite clear how you are doing the rebuild of sendmail or the world with the Cyrus SASL stuff integrated; what commands you run and a bit more output (use script or nohup) would be helpful. This being said, when I was using sendmail+SMTP AUTH rather than Postfix, adding something like the following to /etc/make.conf would result in the "make buildworld" process giving one a SMTP AUTH capable sendmail:

  SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+= -DMILTER -DSTARTTLS -DHASURANDOMDEV
SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+= -I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/include - DSASL=2
  SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS+= -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
  SENDMAIL_LDADD+= -lssl -lcrypto

Note that this config predates OpenSSL being part of base, so you could probably remove the references to "-I/usr/local/ssl/include" and "-L/usr/local/ssl/lib" on a newer version of FreeBSD...

--
-Chuck