Kris Kennaway wrote:
Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
Kris Kennaway wrote:
Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
I use a memory file system for some tmp files and last night I saw this, followed by a reboot. Bad memory? 6-STABLE from April..

foo-bar kernel: g_vfs_done():md0[WRITE(offset=259244032, length=131072)]error = 28 foo-bar kernel: g_vfs_done():md0[WRITE(offset=259375104, length=131072)]error = 28
[ten more lines...]
[reboot]

Thanks,

#define ENOSPC          28              /* No space left on device */

You are probably (incorrectly) using a malloc backed disk. Use swap backing and you won't panic when memory is low.

Yes, sounds likely, thanks. One more question then, where is the md information stored through a reboot? I did not edit rc.conf or fstab or kernel config but still /dev/md0 came back up. Hmmm.

It's not, unless something is explicitly creating it each time you boot. Perhaps you are using a rc.conf setting that creates a md /tmp.

Indeed, here it was:

amavisd_enable="YES"
amavisd_ram="512m"

and the line in rc.d/amavisd
mdmfs -M -s ${amavisd_ram} -w vscan:vscan md /var/amavis/tmp || true
for some reason creates a malloc based mfs

Perhaps I should check this with the maintainer...