Hello, after running tcpdump for a while I discoverd what is going on with my
dhcpd server and why some clients are not able to get an IP address from it, in
particular windows clients.  It turns out it is not just win2k but any windows.

It seems that the dhcpd server is replying to the subnet and not the broadcast
net.  So the reply that should be sent to 255.255.255.255:68 is sent to
192.168.0.255:68.  Then, because the client has no IP address or has defaulted
it to a 169.x.x.x(MS defaults) it does not seem to be getting the reply and
thus never gets an address assigned.

Anyone know how to force dhcpd to send its broadcast replies to the 'correct'
broadcast address?

Thanks,
Joe