--- "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Kevin Kobb wrote:
>
> > I have found that when I do an install with an
> install.cfg file on a floppy,
> > I must insert the floppy right after the system
> begins to boot from CD. If I
> > don't when I tell sysinstall to read the floppy I
> get an error.

On a related note, sysinstall often errors out while
trying to read from the CD-ROM (with FreeBSD disk in
it). When read errors occur, sysinstal behaves
erratically. You never know what will be displayed or
how it will handle the situation (sometimes it looks
like it aborted, but when you press Enter, it goes
ahead with the install). BTW, this is in FreeBSD 6.2.