Quoting Jim Stapleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I need a mail server to take incoming mail, and provide a pop3 (or
better yet, SSLed POP3) connection. I've tried akpop3d and qmail, but
have had less than brilliant success getting them functional. Could
you all suggest to me what you use and a good web site for configuring
it as it would be done in FreeBSD?

Please cc me, as I have the list subscribed in digest mode.

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton

http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/

Perfection - and qmail based also.