I'm using enlightenment and eterm as shell console

I want my del key to act  like del (not like backspace) and home/end as
home/end - now when I press one oh those I get a ~ symbol

where and what should I modify ?

thanks,
petre

ps - and somewhat offtopic :) - after I built the kernel (the very first time
on a bsd machine  - though I've recompiled hundreds of linux kernels) - I get
the following error

kgb# /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb
sort: -: write error: Broken pipe

what might be the cause ?

--
 9:18PM  up 42 mins, 3 users, load averages: 0.26, 0.14, 0.14