Mel wrote:
On Wednesday 05 September 2007 18:50:21 Bahman M. wrote:
Robin Becker wrote:
At present I don't even allow login via ssh on that box ie it's purely key
based.
I'm wondering how would you want to change a system to which you don't
have access?  Or did I misunderstood something?

He's using ssh pub/private keys - not hashed system passwords, so no passwords (even if hashed form) travels the network.
You're right! I don't know why but I thought by "key based" he meant keyboard based, i.e. no net access! Should have read the question more carefully.

Bahman