On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Mak Kolybabi wrote:

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE on an IBM Thinkpad, and the
install goes fine until it gets to the end of copying files from the CD.
At that point, the message 'ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not
found'. Also, 'Abort trap' appears on the console a few times.

When I go to VT4, any command I try running gives me the same error.

Any suggestions?

You almost certainly have a corrupt distribution.  Did you check the
checksums?

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html