I am a "former astronomer" turn hardcore mathematician but just by looking at the graphs it seems to me that you are trying to port something for which you could use existing software. Even generic programs like SciLab of FreeMat can do it let alone graphics software.

My guess is that you would have to do the port by yourself. I am not saying I would not like to be in the ports, all I am saying is that if I do port my first priority would be powerdot class (replacing obsolete class prosper and far superior to bemmer in performance and in particularly in simplicity of use) of presentations for Latex which is unfortunately not in the port tree.
Sincerely,
Predrag Punoseavac

Damon Blom wrote:
Hi
s2plot from astronomy.swin.edu.au/s2plot seems like quite an interesting program and has linux, darwin and cygwin downloads. Would anyone from freebsd be interested in adding it to
ports?
   Thank's
        Damon