I add atapicam_load="YES" into loader.conf file

dmesg is still acd0: DVDR <LITE-ON DVDRW LH-18A1P/GL0C> at ata0-slave UDMA66

However from the command line

[root@ ~]# growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/cd0=/usr/home/Pedja/TeXLive/texlive2007-live-20070212.iso

Executing 'builtin_dd if=/usr/home/Pedja/TeXLive/texlive2007-live-20070212.iso of=/dev/pass0 obs=32k seek=0'

Apparently success. Thank you. I read the Handbook so many times but I obviously didn't read my kernel properly.

Thanks again!