I've just set up my 1st FreeBSD box to use as a home router/firewall,
replacing my recently departed Linksys all-in-one.

I installed the latest FeeBSD release, version 6.2-RELEASE.

I installed the Net-Snmp port, with the goal of eventually using it
with RRDTool to graph & monitor activity on the box.

After configuring my snmpd.conf file, and enabling Snmp in rc.conf, I
try to start the snmp daemon with

  /usr/local/etc/rc.d/snmpd start

Unfortunately, it doesn't launch and reports an error in my shell.

  Starting snmpd.
  /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/snmpd: Undefined symbol
"PL_markstack_ptr"

I've tailed /var/log/messages, but there's nothing reported.

I've Googled on "PL_markstack_ptr snmpd" and got back only 5 hits,
none which seem to explain this problem at runtime.

I don't know even where to begin to dig.

Any wise old folks in here lend a hand?

Phil