On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Martin Tournoij wrote:

On Sun 09 Sep 2007 15:09, Luke Dean wrote:

I've got a Python app that seems to require wxPython 2.8.
The ports collection only has 2.6.
Do you think it would it be worthwhile for me to download the source and
attempt to compile it on my system or should I ask the port
maintainer?

wxgtk 2.8 is in the ports collection(x11/toolkits/wxgtk28), you're
probably using an outdated snapshot of the ports collection.
See the FreeBSD handbook on how to update your ports collection:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html

I guess I don't understand the relationship between wxPython and wxgtk.
wxPython 2.6 builds with wxgtk 2.6 by default.  If it works with wxgtk
2.8, maybe that's what I need.  I'll give it a shot.  Thanks.