Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did read man chmod but I am not really wiser. Is there an option to
> recursively set 755 permissions for directories and 644 for files?
> When I just issue
> chmod -R 755 /usr/local/www/data/wp/
> then all files and directories under wp/ are given permissions 755
> which is not what I want.
> I can do it manually but since there are manyt subdirectories I
> thought I would make my life easier. Many thanks in advance!
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

You could also probably use mtree but you'd need to make the config file
first.

Philip M. Gollucci ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) 323.219.4708
Senior System Admin - Riderway, Inc. http://riderway.com
1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.