I had installed imap-uw port
# cd /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw
# make -DWITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT install

then i create a certificate with

# make cert
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
................++++++
........++++++
writing new private key to '/usr/local/certs/imapd.pem'
-----
You are about to be asked to enter information that will be incorporated
into your certificate request.
What you are about to enter is what is called a Distinguished Name or a DN.
There are quite a few fields but you can leave some blank
For some fields there will be a default value,
If you enter '.', the field will be left blank.
-----
Country Name (2 letter code) [NO]:us
State or Province Name (full name) [Some-State]:XXXX
Locality Name (eg, city) []:XXXX
Organization Name (eg, company) [FooBar Inc.]:XXXX
Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) []:XXXX
Common Name (FQDN of your server) []:[FQDN of our server]

Common Name (default) []:localhost

subject= /C=us/ST=XXXX/L=XXXX/O=XXXX/OU=XXXX/CN=[FQDN]/CN=localhost
notBefore=Sep 10 16:15:54 2007 GMT
notAfter=Sep  9 16:15:54 2008 GMT

The field Common Name (default) which is localhost is automatically put in there.

When you connect to the mail server with SSL turned on, you examine the cert, and the CN is coming up as Localhost, not the name of our server.

Is there a way to generate one that wont cause the Domain Name Mismatch error?

I am very new to SSL, so any help or direction on this issue would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Brad