Mike Sweetser - Adhost wrote:
We're looking for opinions on what the best RAID controller would be for
maximizing throughput on a drive array serving as a NAS using NFS.  It
needs to be either SCSI based or SAS based.

Right now, we're using an LSI MegaRAID with 512MB RAM, which was the
best at the time, but we're experiencing throughput issues and are
looking for what might be better.

Thanks!
Mike Sweetser

--------------------------
Mike Sweetser | Systems Administrator

Adhost Internet
140 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 360, Seattle, Washington 98109 USA
P 206.404.9023    T 888.234.6781 (ADHOST-1)    F 206.404.9050
E [EMAIL PROTECTED]    W adhost.com

Our brand new Adhost West data center is open - contact us for a tour at
1-888-234-6781 (ADHOST-1)

Its not just the controller you should be checking. The drives RPM speed, how many drives in the array, are you using RAID 0+1 or just RAID 5 for the array. Could you give more details on these issues?

--
Sean Murphy
Senior Network Technician, California Institute of the Arts