At 10:52 AM 9/12/2007, brad davison wrote:
We are using Sendmail.
Sendmail version 8.13.8, config V10/Berkeley

It is just odd that of our 17 domains we send/receive mail for.. only the 4 that are specified in our DNS are the ones having problems.

The Domains are all listed in local-domain file.

If there is something else i can check or put in my sendmail config, i'm all ears. It is configured for SMTP AUTH so its the check_rcpt that is giving up the error.

Make sure they are in /etc/mail/local-host-names

        -Derek

From: Derek Ragona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "brad davison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Domain of Sender does not exist
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:27:51 -0500

At 08:58 AM 9/12/2007, brad davison wrote:
We have SMTP AUTH set up on our mail server. Our mail server accepts mail for several domains.
x.com
y.com
z.com

Outgoing messages from [EMAIL PROTECTED], and [EMAIL PROTECTED] goes out fine, but emails going out from [EMAIL PROTECTED] are getting:

Domain of Sender does not exist ([EMAIL PROTECTED] 5.1.8

The oddest thing, is that this server is the MTA for z.com. Sending to [EMAIL PROTECTED] will end up on this box no problem.

I did not set up our DNS, and it is in Active Directory. In our DNS "z.com" in the Forward Lookup Zone has A record for the email server, and MX record for the email server.

What could be hanging this up? The x.com and y.com are not specified in our DNS locally at all, so I am not sure how to model the DNS for these domains.

Also, when I 'paused' the z.com zone, I got the
Domain of Sender does not resolve 4.1.8 error.

Any leads on where my DNS or configs might be not able to resolve this domain?

What are you using to send mail? If it is sendmail, sounds like a sendmail error.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.