Mel wrote:
On Wednesday 12 September 2007 09:23:19 Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
Hi there again,

Change the order of the extensions in extensions.ini. Each upgrade the order is magically different, but the following comments I've assembled over time:
$ grep '^;' /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini
; NOTE: spl makes php coredump if loaded after pspell
; NOTE 2: simplexml makes php coredump if loaded after pspell

Yes, pspell is the common factor, but it isn't always. I should've kept track, but the binding factor seems to be php extensions using a C++-written library. Once I see the coredump, I start moving the last extension up and re-run php -v. If it's all the way up, take the next extension on the bottom and rince and repeat.

i see the same behavior if session module is loaded after other modules. Moving things around fixes this. I use the php -v trick as well until the core dump goes away