Hello,

2007/9/12, Zbigniew Szalbot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi there again,
>
> > > Actually, maybe my description should be corrected - that is when I
> > > want to access a directory where index.php resides, apache will just
> > > display this directory content. But when I click (not reload) the php
> > > file, page is loaded correctly.

> > > I did it for one directory where it was defined and I did get 403
> > > error. So reading httpd-error.log:
> > > Directory index forbidden by rule: /usr/local/www/data/test/
> > >
> > > access-log:
> > > "GET / HTTP/1.1" 403 302
> > >
> > > Maybe I will have to say reconcile with php 4.4.7 after all.
> > >

> > maybe this was already mentioned, but what do you have DirectoryIndex
> > set to?
> >
> > it should look something like:
> >
> > DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
>
> All is fine here. I do have index.php listed. The file httpd.conf came
> almost without any modification (apart from usual php4 replaced php5
> references during update).

I was given advice on php list to comment out everything in mod_dir.c
starting from
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>

and then enter just this:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
   DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html index.htm
</IfModule>

Everything now works very well! Thank you all for your patience with me!

Zbigniew Szalbot