* Darren Spruell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [070911 19:20]:
> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:20:00 -0700
> From: Darren Spruell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Bruce Cran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: Mel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>       freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: nvidia-driver rebooting machine on X startup
>
> On 9/11/07, Bruce Cran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Mel wrote:
> > > There's 3 things left I can think of:
> > > - weird module clash
> > > - bug in nvidia-driver (I assume you're running Xorg 7.x)
> > > - driver was not built against running kernel
> > >

> > I'm seeing a similar problem, but my system spontaneously reboots
> > whenever it uses any 3D - for example any of the 3D xscreensaver modules
> > in full screen mode.   I'm running 7.0-CURRENT and just realised I have
> > PREEMPTION enabled since it's now in GENERIC.  I remember a while ago
> > this caused stability problems with the nvidia driver - does anyone know
> > if this could still be a problem?   I think there's more going on
> > however, since the driver doesn't seem to know about my card during
> > bootup (it shows <Unknown>) though it clearly does find it when starting
> > Xorg.   Going back to the nvidia-driver-96xx port appears to fix the
> > problems, and that driver does know what nVidia card I'm using during boot.
>
> 3 of us have posted a thread on nvidia forums as problem reports; I've
> at least tried an older (legacy) driver version to no luck and
> eliminated every suggestion I've gotten from the fbsd community as
> well.
>
> If anyone would like, feel free to piggyback on the thread. There's
> been no help response on the forums for a couple of days now.
>
> http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=45590
>
> If this *is* an issue with the nvidia driver, is there a good way for
> us to alert Nvidia? Customer support, I guess?
>
> --
> Darren Spruell
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Seems like even more than that in the freebsd forums located here...

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Might want to repost here as well.

Eric
Eric I. Ekong                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve     http://www.freebsd.org
K Desktop Environment on FreeBSD http://freebsd.kde.org
Enlightenment E16 and E17        http://www.e.org

Laws of Serendipity:

        (1) In order to discover anything, you must be looking for
            something.
        (2) If you wish to make an improved product, you must already
            be engaged in making an inferior one.