Joshua,

Thanks, I guess it can, because it outputs a ton of modes.

Based on what you told I was able to find this...

To be able to get a higher resolution Console, you must follow the below Steps.

#reconfigure the kernel, at its simplest
become root
install the sources (for example, from the FreeBSD installation CD)
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
cp GENERIC CUSTOM
open CUSTOM with your text editor
change “ident GENERIC” to “ident CUSTOM”
below the other OPTIONS, add OPTIONS VESA, and OPTIONS SC_PIXEL_MODE
save and close CUSTOM
cd /usr/src
make buildkernel KERNCONF=CUSTOM
make installkernel KERNCONF=CUSTOM
reboot

vidcontrol -i mode | more #scroll trough the available options
vidcontrol MODE_279 #for example, to set a higher console mode
vidcontrol 132×25 #another example
vidcontrol 100×37 #and another one

#to make changes persistent, run something like
echo ‘allscreens_flags=”-g 100×37 VESA_800×600″‘ >> /etc/rc.conf
#or echo ‘allscreens_flags=”-g 135×25 VESA_1024×768″‘ >> /etc/rc.conf
#which would give you a 800×600 (or 1024×768) console on all terminals

So I am now compiling a new kernel so that I can make it done. It should work my vid card is ATI with 256MB.

Again, thanks for the pointer, more and more google is becoming the spammer waste land.

Chuck

Joshua Isom wrote:
If you run `vidcontrol -i mode` it will tell you what your monitor's capable of with text and graphics. But I'd recommend looking at the manpage first.