> On Thursday 13 September 2007 16:31:06 Bill Moran wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Is there a tool similar to mpstat (or mpstat itself) available to track
> > > CPU utilization on FreeBSD? I am looking for something more elaborate
> > > than top, and was wondering if anyone could help.
> >
> > Depending on what you mean by "track", you might find SNMP+MRTG useful.
> > For example, I track:
> > http://www.potentialtech.com/mrtg/cpu.html
> >

> I must admit that I am missing a simple way of tracking idle CPU on a per CPU
> basis. Top and
> PS output are not easy to work with - Does MRTG+SNMP allow one to see
> individual CPU usage?

There are no MIBs that I'm aware of that provide per-CPU stats.  However,
both net-snmp and mrtg allow you to grab data from a shell command, so if
you can concoct a way to get the data, you can graph it.

I've been struggling with this for memory usage.  I think it would
be interesting to graph active, inactive, wired, buffer, and cache
memory (maybe not terribly useful, but interesting).  I can't seem to
come up with a way to do so.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com