On Sep 14, 2007, at 4:45 AMSep 14, 2007, Nicolas Letellier wrote:

Hello,

I have a question with syslog.conf. I don't find informations about this on man.
What the utility of :

!startslip
*.*                  /var/log/slip.log
!ppp
*.*                  /var/log/ppp.log

I don't understand how it works, because I think we must use a \ to return on a new line ! For example, startslip includes ALL (.*.) except !startslip ? I don't think... Because I read that.

Could you explain me ?

![process] is probably the easiest way to describe it. It's sorta opposite of how it's used in normal evaluations. In these cases, ALL facilities for the startslip process will go to /var/log/slip.log.

HTH
-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks