On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 12:41:45AM +0800, ronggui wrote:
> I try to use zh_CN.UTF-8 as locales, but the FAT3 data can not display
> correctly. When I use zh_CN.EUC as locale, things get better, but not
> all the Chinese characters display correctly.
>
> In terms of UTF-8 support, Linux seems better than FreeBSD. How do you
> guys think?

I don't have any FAT3 data, but I've been using UTF-8 locales on
most of my desktop and server systems for years now and never
experienced any serious problems. You have to expect a few
surprieses - when dealing with ISO-8859-encoded data, for
example, but overall my experience has been quite smooth.