I installed FreeBSD-RELEASE6.2 last January, and wonder if there will be
a 6.3.  Just discovered freebsd-update(8), tried it out, and saw:

    WARNING: FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE is approaching its End-of-Life date.
    It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to a newer
    release within the next 4 months.

1. Now I wonder if I'll have to rebuild my filesystems again when 7.0
   comes out.  ...releases/amd64 contains only 6.1 and 6.2 among the
   ISO images.

2. I've been a wannabe sysadmin for years and have enjoyed FreeBSD since
   it was 386BSD.  However, I am slow to catch up, and would appreciate
   (and suggest) short links to various entities which are either recent
   or important to an admin.  A checklist, much less than a man page, and
   more an introduction, e.g. "freebsd-update(8) does just that, and may
   be useful once the current release has been in use for more than a few
   months."

        Chuck Bacon -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                ABHOR SECRECY -- DEFEND PRIVACY