On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Kris Kennaway wrote:

P.U.Kruppa wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Charles Bacon wrote:

I installed FreeBSD-RELEASE6.2 last January, and wonder if there will be
a 6.3.  Just discovered freebsd-update(8), tried it out, and saw:

   WARNING: FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE is approaching its End-of-Life date.
   It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to a newer
   release within the next 4 months.

1. Now I wonder if I'll have to rebuild my filesystems again when 7.0
  comes out.  ...releases/amd64 contains only 6.1 and 6.2 among the
  ISO images.
Have a look at http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html .
There will be at least a 6.3-RELEASE (work hasn't started yet) and 7.0 will be sort of a non-production beta release. So you will have enough time before you have to do a a major upgrade.

I disagree that 7.0 will be a non-production beta release. We're working very hard to make sure it as good quality as it can be (but that also depends directly on users helping out).
I take this as an invitation, since I updated to 7.0 last week :)

Greetings,

Uli.

Kris

Peter Ulrich Kruppa