P.U.Kruppa wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Charles Bacon wrote:
>
>> I installed FreeBSD-RELEASE6.2 last January, and wonder if there will be
>> a 6.3.  Just discovered freebsd-update(8), tried it out, and saw:
>>
>>    WARNING: FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE is approaching its End-of-Life date.
>>    It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to a newer
>>    release within the next 4 months.
>>
>> 1. Now I wonder if I'll have to rebuild my filesystems again when 7.0
>>   comes out.  ...releases/amd64 contains only 6.1 and 6.2 among the
>>   ISO images.
> Have a look at http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html .
> There will be at least a 6.3-RELEASE (work hasn't started yet) and 7.0
> will be sort of a non-production beta release. So you will have enough
> time before you have to do a a major upgrade.

If the PTB are listening please reconsider the time schedule on 6.3 to
set a date and emplace it. The xorg version change is wreaking havoc on
some of our new guys.

I know this has been discussed before but there is evidence of losing
people now as the source upgrade is a bridge too far for some. If I can
contribute to making it happen someone please shoot me an email.