On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 21:46 , after knocking over a stack of
dishes on the heat sink [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wondered out loud about:

> Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:36:07 -0000 (GMT)
> From: "DSA - JCR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Cron not working till 28/08/07

> Hi all !!

> I had several crontab jobs in order to make backups.

> All worked fine till the 28-Aug-2007 when it seems to be stopped
> for some reason, I don't know why.

> I had a reporting in my mail box (external) also with daily,
> weekly and monthly reports, but suddenly all stopped (I don't
> receive nothing in my email).

> Can you help me?

I had the same problem.  It was after I did an upgrade.

I found that /etc/crontab had gotten copied somehow to
/var/cron/tabs/root.

I did get errors of 'root not found'. [or similar].

Check to see if that hasn't happened to you.

By any chance had you performed a  'crontab -e' and screwed
things up and deleted the cron.

/etc/crontab runs the daily scripts you should be getting.
Having that also in /var/cron/tabs made my daily messages go
away.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com