Found the answer elsewhere, so this is just for the records...

Erik Cederstrand wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to set up a system to continually and automatically run benchmarks on the most recent CURRENT. The idea is to PXE-boot the server, do an automated jumpstart installation, reboot and run a few benchmarks. Lather, rinse, repeat.

My problem is when the jumpstart installation finishes. I set PXE-boot as the first option in the BIOS to start the installation. To complete the installation I need to reboot the server from the hard-disk, but I don't want to enter the BIOS on each reboot to change the boot sequence.

What are my options? Can I simply set the hard-disk as the first option in the boot sequence (with PXE second) and then wipe the MBR when the system comes up after an install, so the BIOS will continue to PXE? How would i do that?

# sysctl kern.geom.debugflags=16
# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad0 bs=512 count=1

wipes the MBR and solves my problem.

Erik