On Sep 21, 2007, at 10:56 AM, Aleksander Rozman - Andy wrote:

Hi !

I am running FreeBSD as server. Thing is working great, there is only one problem. Sometimes machine looses connection to internet... Which is quite a problem, since this computer is on remote location, which I only access once a week or less. I would need application (or something), which would check if computer can connect to gateway, in case that it can it would do nothing, but in case it can't it would make soft reboot...

Is there anything that I could achive this with? Any idea is welcome... Please cc: message to my private address (reply all should do this)

Thanks in advance
Andy

You could write a shell script to check the connection at a set interval and take corrective action should it encounter a problem.

Cheers,
Mikel King
CITO, Tech Alliance, INC
Senior Editor, Daemon News
39 West Fourteenth Street
Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.techally.com
http://www.daemonnews.org
t: 212.727.2100x132
How do you spell cooperation? Pessimists use
each other, but optimists help each other.
Collaboration feeds your spirit, while
competition only stokes your ego. You'll
find the best way to get along.