On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 10:06:27AM +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gary Kline wrote:
> >     Anybody got suggestions on what kind of hard drive to buy for my
> >     new main server--if is *is* the drive?  The video board began
>
> SCSI? Fujitsu.
>
> Else?
>
> Any with 5 years of warranty available near your place.
>
> I do not bother to buy any other drives anymore.

        I will buy at least one Fujitsu SCSI's for my DNS server and foor
        the duplicate computer that I'm building as it's backup.  These
        are HP-Kayaks and will probably outlive me!  I was asking also
        about my Dell, which is ordinarily very fast; an outstanding
        computer and I want to stick with it.

        Sometimes it gets into a mode where it is super slow.  Do you,
        or anybody else have a clue why??

        Also:: would a simple Matrox Millennium serve as a new video
        board?  I do not need/want anything gamer-fancy, so am looking
        for something simple, like a MM  with 8 or 16megs of video
        memory.

        gary