Martin Hepworth ha scritto:

the filetyping goes alot better using smb than appletalk with MacOS X

I have to disagree. I think I'm dropping the last Mac OS 9 box very soon, so I could go to a samba only setup, but in the past I had several problems with it: filetyping is something I could work around, but for filenames encoding I could not find a solution.
netatalk, on the other side, works flawlessly.
I'm still trying to educate my users to avoid exotic characters in file names, but I cannot ask them to rename thousands of files they already have.

(Just my two cents, but if someone can suggest something...).

 bye
        av.