In response to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: > Hi, > > I have a new 6.2 install running postfix, amavisd-new, clamav and SpamAssassin > and over the weekend the server stopped responding with the following error. > collecting pv entries -- suggest increasing PMAP_SHPGPERPROC. I did some > google > searching on the error and found the same problem with Apache, but none with > my > configuration. Most of the sites say to increase the PMAP_SHPGPERPROC, but > none > say how or what to increase it to.
I've never seen a modern version of FreeBSD lock up as a result of this, so that's a little odd. > Does anyone have a suggestion on how I should go about troubleshooting this or > what I should change my PMAP_SHPGPERPROC to? Could this be a one time fluke > and I > shouldnt worry about it? I had to research this earlier this year. The default is 200, so in my case, raising the value to 250 solved the problem. I fixed it by adding the setting to my kernel config and building a new kernel. I believe you can also set it in loader.conf I haven't tried setting it higher than 250 (haven't had the need) but I've seen some posts suggesting that setting it too high can cause kernel panics. I recommend bumping it to 250, then go to 300 if the problem doesn't go away -- but in any event, don't increase it drastically. -- Bill Moran http://www.potentialtech.com _______________________________________________ email@example.com mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"