Rem P Roberti wrote:
Just installed Skype on my FreeBSD 6.2 system and I can receive and chat, but I can't transmit. Any ideas on why the mike won't function?
Audio card is not configured properly. Skype has noting to do with it as it would work out of box if the hardware is configured properly. Check your recording device, mixer level and similar. You also have to give permission permissions by editing /etc/devfs.conf

perm   /dev/dsp* 0666 (dsp stands for synthetic sound)
and probably the next one would not hurt
perm   /dev/pci* 0666

It would help if you tell us your set up (which audio card you use, which driver and so on before somebody can say something more).

TIA,

Rem