On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 08:32:51AM +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> >     Sometimes it gets into a mode where it is super slow.  Do you,
> >     or anybody else have a clue why??
> >
> it could be caused by a faulty hard disk.

        Sometimes, after a reboot, the video is bright and the resolution
        small--large type.   Usually, the system clock seems normal.
        Are there any tools to run to test the processor speed?  Any
        other tests?  It's a new drive, somewhere around 160GB.  I never
        ran any drive tests.  ...Yet!

> Is the system just waiting?
>
> >     Also:: would a simple Matrox Millennium serve as a new video
> >     board?  I do not need/want anything gamer-fancy, so am looking
> >     for something simple, like a MM  with 8 or 16megs of video
> >     memory.
> >
> This is the kind of card to go for then.

        thanks much,

        gary