--On Wednesday, September 26, 2007 12:34:15 -0400 Jerry McAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 06:12:56PM +0200, Roland Smith wrote:

I know all about various precautions to be taken.

I also know I could write something.  I just wanted
to know if something like that is already written.

Dell offers this in a hardware solution. I'm sure they're buying it from someone, so you might be able to find out who. Doesn't matter if the thieves wipe the drive. The device phones home anyway. (Bet it only works in Windows, though, but it might spark an idea or two.)

--
Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior Information Security Analyst