Hi,

Paul Schmehl wrote:
--On September 26, 2007 9:06:57 PM -0700 Eric Osterweil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sep 26, 2007, at 8:57 PM, Erich Dollansky wrote:

Eric Osterweil wrote:

make use of it's 6GB of memory, and FreeBSD can only see about 4GB
of it.
Can anyone help me figure out how to make use of the missing GB?
FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Jan 12 11:05:30 UTC 2007

this looks like a 32 bit binary to me.

You either need a 64 bit binary or you need to enable PAE.

Just build a custom kernel for 64 bits.

Ahh... To do this, do I just specify the CPUTYPE in the /etc/make.conf
as:
CPUTYPE=amd64
?

No. Add options SMP to GENERIC or use the SMP conf file that's already there (and includes GENERIC). Then recompile the kernel per the handbook.

he still has to set the CPU type also in this config file to amd64.

Erich