On Sunday 02 February 2003 02:32 am, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
> Since a week or two  the INDEX file in /usr/ports is aways back
> to the status of 30 December last year, after I've fetched the lates
> ports with cvsup. I do a make index in /usr/ports and gets it up
> to date, but when I cvsup again it's back to 30 December.
>
> Gives weird results when using portversion -v  Lots of ports have
> too high revision numbers.

INDEX has never been updated at a frequent rate. You have always needed
to build the current version after you cvsup ports-all. Right now,
"make index" produces some strange results and portsdb -uU produces a
different set of strange results. I use the -uU way to build my INDEX
and INDEX.db.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart