Hi, I'm working on a little script and I was just wondering
when bzip2 became part of the FreeBSD base (which version of
FreeBSD, not a date)? The bzip2 man page does not state this
information (nor does man gzip for gzip) but tar has the -j
(or -y) option which includes bzip2 support.

I guess I'm asking if it is a safe bet to state that bzip2
is installed (by default) on any FreeBSD 4.X release or
newer?