> Any ideas? I tried doing an ldd on /usr/lib/pam* inside the
> /etc/rc.d/sshd script, but the output is identical when it starts up
> on boot as when I restart it. No missing libraries/etc.

Problem solved! In going from 32-bit to 64-bit, my login.conf really
needed to change. I had a default memory limit of 24MB. Which the sshd
user was exceeding at boot time. I recompiled openpam with debugging
enabled, and saw this message in /var/log/debug.log:

Sep 29 22:03:03 pflog sshd[39515]: in openpam_dynamic():
/usr/lib/pam_opieaccess.so: /usr/lib/pam_op
ieaccess.so: mmap of entire address space failed: Cannot allocate memory

That's when I had a major "duh" moment and realized I should probably
re-examine my login.conf settings. Figured I'd follow up with my
solution, in case others run into it.

Thanks,
Josh